Where is Ardales located?
Ardales is located 54km from Malaga capital with a population of 2500 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 106,5km square.
Origin of the name Ardales
There are two theories about origin:
- Of arab origin that derives from “garden of Allah or land of God”.
- Of pre-Roman origin that comes from the word “harda” which means squirrel, possibly this rodent lived abundantly in the pine forests of the area.
Monuments and places of interes in Ardales
- Castle “De la Peña”
- Caminito del Rey
- Cave Doña Trinidad Ardales
- Church of Nuestra Señora de los Remedios
- Roman bridge de la Molina
- Hermitage of Nuestra Señora de Villaverde
- Hermitage of Encarnación
- Convent of capuchinos
- Castle Turón
- The Kings chair
- Resevoir Conde de Guadalhorce