Torremolinos a pioneer city of the tourism boom in the last century, its beaches and old town will not leave you indifferent.
Where is Torremolinos located
Torremolinos is located 19km from Malaga capital with a population of 68.661 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 20km square
El origen del nombre Torremolinos
The name of the town is a union of the words Torre (tower) and Molinos (Mills), since in the area there was a large number of water mills.
Demonym of the people of Torremolinos
The inhabitants are called “Torremolinenses“
Monuments and places of interest in Torremolinos
- Torre de los Molinos: Also called Torre del Pimentel, it is a tower erected in the 13th century as part of the chain of defensive towers along the coast of the Kingdom of Granada. The tower measures around twelve meters, contains two floors with windows overlooking the sea. The tower is of great historical importance, so much so that it gave its name to the municipality where it is located.
- Church of San Miguel: The temple was built in 1718 with a deep restoration in 1896.
- Molina de Inca
- El Morro
- Battery Park
- House of the Navajas: This mansion located next to the Bajondillo beach, built in the Neo-Mudejar style in 1926 by a businessman from the region, can be visited free of charge.
Leisure in Torremolinos
- Minigolf Happy Days: Next to the House of the Navajas, on the promenade is a leisure area with a modern 18-hole creative miniature golf in the open air. The facilities include a bar and recreational area with arcade games, billiards, table football and bowling. A place for the whole family.
- El Ranchito: This authentic horse club offers every wednesday an equestrian ballet, a show of dressage and cowboy demonstrating the andalusian tradition through Spanish costumes and music.
- Aqualand Torremolinos: Large water park at the entrance of the town next to Crocodile Park. Dozens of water attractions will make you cool off during the hottest days of summer in Malaga. It was inaugurated under the name Aquapark in 1984 and it was the first water park in Spain.
- Crocodile Park: Next to Aqualand there is a theme park totally focused on the crocodile that never ceases to amaze every spectator. During your visit you can learn everything about this millionaire reptile