Monda, a white town that with its castle, its views, its gastronomy and its history create a perfect combination for a great visit.
Where is Monda located
Monda is located 46km from Malaga capital with a population of 2.594 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 58Km square.
Denonym of the people of Monda
The inhabitants are called “mondeño or mondeña“.
Monument and places of interest in Monda
- Castle of Arab origin, which is currently the Castillo de Monda hotel
- Calvary monument: Located at the entrance of the town. An altar built and made of brick in the 18th century. It is the place where the Via Crucis ends, carried out by the brotherhoods on Holy Thursday during the Holy Week.
- Fountain “De la Jaula”
- Lavatory “De la Jaula”
- Church of Santiago Apóstol
- Charcoal burner monument
- Roman road and Roman bridge
- Hermitage of San Roque
- Mari Gloria Tapia House Museum
- Monumento to Cristóbal Jiménez Encina