Marbella world famous for its luxury and its Puerto Banús, but without losing the historical charm of its old town.
Where is Marbella located
Marbella is located 62km from Malaga capital with a population of 143.386 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 116,82Km square.
Demonym of the people of Marbella
The inhabitants are called “marbellí“.
Monuments and places of interest in Marbella
- Marbella historic center
- Plaza de los Naranjos
- Town Hall
- Corregidor House
- Salvador Dalí sculptures
- Hermitage of Santiago
- The church of Santa María de la Encarnación
- Roque House
- Remains of the defensive wall of Marbella
- Chapel of San Juan de Dios: Built in the first half of the 16th century by the Catholic Monarchs. The chapel belongs to the Hospital de la Misericordia or San Juan de Dios Hospital. It has a simple façade with a stone façade with a carved wooden door with the shields of King Carlos III and the order of San Juan de Dios. Inside, its ceiling stands out, which is a magnificent Mudejar-style coffered ceiling.
- Royal Hospital de la Misericordia
- Bazán Hospital
- Hermitage of Santo Cristo de la Vera Cruz
- Church of Santísimo Cristo del Calvario
- Parque del Calvario
- Lighthouse of Marbella
- Nueva Andalucía
- The Roman town of Río Verde
- Botanical Garden El Ángel
- San Pedro de Alcantara
- Early Christian basilica of Vega del Mar
- Roman baths of Las Bóvedas
- Cerro Colorao or Cerro del Verdearo