Where is Guaro located?
Guaro is located 50km from Malaga capital with a population of 2.260 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 22km square.
Monuments and places to visit in Guaro
- Church of San Miguel de Arcángel: The temple was built in 1505 with great modifications in the 17th century. During the Spanish Civil War in 1936 the church was destroyed, which was later rebuilt. Inside you find the images of San Miguel and the Immaculate Virgin, patrons of the town of Guaro. On the facade of the church there is a niche with the image of San Miguel.
- The hermitage of the Cruz del Puerto: The hermitage is located half a kilometer from the town center. It is a sanctuary where every May 3th the residents of Guaro go to the hermitage to make a procession from the town. The hermitage houses an image of the Cristo de Limpias, an image from the 18th century. The hermitage also works as a viewpoint over the town of Guaro and the Sierra de las Nieves.
- The hermitage of San Isidro
- Fountain of San Isidro Labrador de Guaro
- Al-Ándalus Cultural Center: It is a center located in the town center created in order to promote the traditions and history of the town. This building was retrofitted to create an Ethnographic Museum about olive oil with numerous machines and facilities related to oil production in the region. One of the most important pieces in the collection is a 12th century Arab oilpress which is one of the oldest in Andalusia. This building houses several rooms for temporary exhibitions, warehouses, a patio, and a tourist office.