Frigiliana awarded one of the most beautiful towns in Málaga and Spain. A village where you can see the symbiosis of the three medieval cultures.
Where is Frigiliana located
Frigiliana is located 59km from Malaga capital with a population of 5.372 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 65 km square.
Origin of the name Frigiliana
Not for sure, but the closest hypothesis is that it comes from a Roman named Frexinius and the patronymic -ana, which would combine Frenixiana, which later derives from Frigiliana.
Denonym of the people of Frigiliana
The inhabitants are called “Frigilianense”.
Monuments and places of interest
- Lízar Castle
- Hermitage of Santo Cristo de la Caña or Hermitage of Ecce-Homo
- Palace of the Counts of Frigiliana or El Ingenio
- Church of San Antonio
- The Old Fountain
- Reales Pósitos
- Palace of the Apero
- The Fort, from Roman times
- Neolithic, Phoenician and Roman archaeological remains
- Peñón de la Sabina: After heavy and continuous rains on January 27, 1936, this rock was displaced, causing alarm and concern among the neighbors. After this fact this rock was reinforced and tied with powerful steel cables.