Where is Comares located?
Comares is located 35km from Malaga capital with a population of 1.315 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 25,5km square.
The origin of the name Comares
The name Comares comes from the Arabic where “Qumaris or Hins Comarix” means “Castle in the height”.
Monuments and places of interest in Comares
- Church of la Encarnación
- Cistern of Mazmúllar
- Archaeological remains of the Mazmúllar Plateau
- Arab cistern located in the cemetery compound
- Arab arches in the vicinity of Verdiales square
- Homage tower of the old Arab fortress and remains of walls
- Remains of walls or defense shell of the Fuente Gorda