The Castle of Casares watches over the picturesque white streets where the Andalusian spirit is kept alive in Blas Infante’s hometown.
Where is Casares located
Casares is located 101km from Malaga capital with a population of 2.502 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 160km square.
The origin of the Name Casares
There are two possible theories:
- The name originates from “Caxara” which means in Arabic <fortress>.
- The name comes from “Caesar” which means Roman leader.
Demonym of the people of Casares
The inhabitants are called “Casareño or Casareña”.
Curiosities about Casares
- Windows 7 included among its wallpapers an image of Casares.
Monuments and places of interest in Casares
- Castle of Casares
- Church of La Encarnación
- Hermitage of San Sebastián
- Blas Infante’s Birthplace
- Carlos III Fountain
- Hedionda Baths
- Puente-acueducto de los Baños
- Salt tower
- Albarra Bridge
- Hermitage of the Virgen del Rosario del Campo
- Monument Statue Blas Infante
For more information about Casares Village: visit the City Council page