Where is Casares located?
Casares is located 101km from Malaga capital with a population of 2.502 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 160km square.
The origin of the Name Casares
There are two possible theories:
- The name originates from “Caxara” which means in Arabic <fortress>.
- The name comes from “Caesar” which means Roman leader.
Curiosities about Casares
- Windows 7 included among its wallpapers an image of Casares.
Monuments and places of interest in Casares
- Castle of Casares
- Church of La Encarnación
- Hermitage of San Sebastián
- Blas Infante’s Birthplace
- Carlos III Fountain
- Hedionda Baths
- Puente-acueducto de los Baños
- Salt tower
- Albarra Bridge
- Hermitage of the Virgen del Rosario del Campo
- Monument Statue Blas Infante
For more information about Casares Village: visit the City Council page