Where is Alhaurín de la Torre located?
Alhaurín de la Torre is located 19km from Malaga capital with a population of 40.345 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 83km square.
Monuments and places of interest in Alhaurín de la Torre
- Church of San Sebastián: It is the only temple in the urban area of Alhaurín de la Torre, located at the Plaza de la Concepción. The first historical references date back to the mid-16th century, and the earthquake of 1680 affected the structure of the church. In the 19th century, the church began to be built as we know it today with a neoclassical style. Much of its heritage was destroyed during the Spanish Civil War.
- Hermitage of Santo Cristo del Cardón: A tradition tells that a miracle happened in the year 1484, during the Reconquest, in which a wooden painted Christ saved a Christian soldier from death
- Casa del Conde: Is an 18th century building. For centuries it has had various uses from school, church to a justice of peace court. In 2019 the opening of the Andalusian museum of education is announced.
- Zapata Aqueduct: Also called the Fuente del Rey aqueduct built in the 18th century in the year 1727. The aqueduct and pipeline used to run between the Spanish municipalities of Malaga and Alhaurín de la Torre with a current length of approximately 3,500 meters.
- Hermitage of Alamillo: Hermitage that is located next to the “Venta” of Alamillo built in 1875. Where San Francisco de Paula and La Virgen de la Esperanza are venerated. Protector of the fields of Alhaurín, a procession goes in their name during times of drought to make prayers for rain.
- Albaicín Caves: These are caves that are inside thirteen houses located in the Old Quarter of Alhaurín de la Torre.