Where is Algarrobo located?
Algarrobo is located 42km from Malaga capital with a population of 6.444 inhabitants. The municipal term has a dimension of almost 9.7km square
Monuments and places of interest in Algarrobo
- Iglesia de Santa Ana: The Santa Ana church dates from the late sixteenth or early seventeenth century.
- Hermitage of San Sebastián: Originally built in the 16th century, but it was rebuilt in 1976 strictly the same as the old one, knowing that it cost as much to repair as it did to rebuild it.
- Hermitage of Las Angustia: This hermitage is a small monument with a lot of charm that has been preserved very well. It is a tradition that the town brides will take their bouquet of flowers there.
- Torre Ladeada: It is a tower built by the Christians after the reconquest. It has a perimeter of 23 meters and about 10 meters high. The tower has an inclination of about 18º because its foundations are shallow.
- Right or New Tower: The “New Tower” or “Right Tower” is a fort from the 16th century. It is called the right/new tower because it is build later than the tilted tower that is in front.
- Phoenician Settlements: Trayamar is a Phoenician necropolis dating from the 7th century BC, and the site of Morro de Mezquitilla originating in the 9th century, located on the right bank of the Algarrobo river.